Course Applications are now available on the British Fencing website.
Pre-course training is available with Bob at Holbrook, contact him directly for more details.
If you are a Eastern Region fencer/coach who like to attend the above course and apply for an Eastern Region grant see below and attached.
The Eastern Region is offering a grant to each applicant from ER who attends this Level 3 coaching course. ER has allocate a sum of £600.00 to be divided by applicants up to a max of £120.00 per applicant. A grant application form is to be completed with application.
Terms & conditions of grant:
- Applicants must complete the ER application form attached which must be received by ER chair no later than midnight of the 5th August 2018. Applications after this date will not be considered.
- Terms and conditions of application.
- Must be members of the BFA Eastern Region.
- Must attend all sessions of the course.
- Must pass at least one weapon at level 3.
- Grants will be paid in arrears once course director has completed and signed 2nd page of application form which must then be submitted to ER chair.
Grant application form can be found here: ER Individual Coach Funding Application Form 12.7.18
The Great Yarmouth Foil Invitation is back for 2018! Again being hosted at Ormiston Denes Community Sports Center, Lowestoft.
Please note: The Invitation is open to all fencers, anyone who wishes to compete is more than welcome to attend.
As usual the event will be split into Senior (over 14) and Junior (under 14) categories and further split into Men’s and Women’s events.
Entries cost £12.00, and all fencers will receive 2 rounds of poules before progressing into the direct elimination stage.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 in each category, as well as the Invitation Specials of best newcomer (less than 2 years experience), best first timer (if this is your first competition) and best O40 / U18 in the senior event.
Full details can be found on our entry form here: http://gywfc.co.uk/GYFI2018.pdf
> 3 independent referees in attendance
> Tower lights for finals.
> Remote controlled scoring boxes for semi-finals.
Please note the center has no catering facilities.