Eastern Region Senior Championships and GB cup qualifier 2020
Entry Fee: £24 per event.
It is possible this year for women to compete in Foil/Epee or Sabre/Epee and Men to compete in Foil/Epee & Foil/Sabre, please add both to your basket on Sport80 before checkout.
Format: 1 round of pools followed by direct elimination. Subject to numbers, pools may be of mixed gender. All DE’s will be separated. Self-refereeing will be required up to L4 although there will be a number of official referees in attendance if required.
Ranking – the event will use the most current BF Senior ranking list then last year’s results +800.
Medals for top 4, prizes for best Cadet (U17) & best Veteran (40+) in each event.
Eligibility – You must be a member of British Fencing Eastern Region to compete (your region affiliation will be shown in Sport80). All fencers must be over 13yrs on 7th March 2020 (BF new rule on age for Senior events). For 2020 only, BF Recreational membership is allowed at this event and the GB Cup finals.
Initial closing Date: Sun 1st March 2020. Entries after this date will be accepted up to entry caps at an increased entry fee of £27. To guarantee entry, enter before 1st March.
Equipment: All events are electric.
ALL WEAPONS: A minimum standard of 350N/CEN1 mask with back strap, jacket and breeches and a plastron of 800N is obligatory, as are long socks pulled up so there is no gap between socks and breeches.
Foil: Lame foil bibs with jacket to mask wire are compulsory Sabre – 800 N gloves (compulsory from 1st Sept 2016).
It is planned to have an armoury service available.
The criteria for qualification is:
- Be aged 16 or over on 1 January 2020.
- Be ranked outside of the top 50 of National Senior rankings in their weapon for Women’s Foil, Epee, Sabre and Men’s Sabre and top 80 for Men’s Foil and Epee as at 1 January 2020.
- Have never been selected by BF, home nation or other national equivalents to represent their Nation at any level (including GB, home nations or other national equivalents).
- Have never won a Senior Open event.
- Fencers may only enter the Regional event in the Region they have specified on their British Fencing Membership.
- Fencers may enter the GB Cup in all weapons (epee, foil & sabre).
- Fencers must be UK residents.
- Entries will only be accepted via the Regions.
The National Final will be held on:
Date: 8th, 9th & 10th May 2020
Venue: PlayFootball Birmingham, B19 2LF
Closing date for regional entries: Sunday 5th April 2020